Are you looking for the solution of How To Remove Object From Toilet Trap?
Or Have your toddler just dropped his toy in the toilet? Or you accidentally flushed your important thing?
Well, this can be inevitable trouble now and then with toddlers or pets in the house. But, for you, it may be the first step to plumbing nightmares. So, stop! If you are planning to hire or pay a good amount to a plumber for the task you can do it in minutes.
Yes, you can do it by yourself. That’s not a big issue and can be solved by you without spending a penny. Also, in this article, we have listed the number of tested solutions to remove the object from your toilet trap.
- 1 How To Remove Object From Toilet Trap?
- 2 How Do You Clean a Toilet Trap?
- 3 What Happens if You Accidentally Flush Something Down the Toilet?
- 4 How to Remove Calcium from the Toilet Trap?
How To Remove Object From Toilet Trap?
Let’s dig into the article to get different solutions to the problem. If your toddlers or you are prone to drop the keys, toys, clothes in the toilet; luckily there are some useful tricks to get them back without blocking your toilet.
In addition, once there is an object in the toilet, the mechanism of draining would allow water to pass through it while the object remains at its place. If you are facing such a problem you can simply follow any of these solutions to remove the object from the toilet trap. For further instance let’s have a deeper look at the solutions.
Read More: How to Remove Toilet Seat with Hidden Fixing?
Grabbing The Object With Your Hands
Well, it might feel dirty to place your hands in the toilet but, this can help with the visible objects. However, when trying to remove the object from the toilet trap with your hands, it is suggested to wear rubber gloves or protective gloves to protect your hands from germs inside the toilet. Moreover, let’s have a look at the quick steps on how to do that:
- Wear your gloves.
- Take a disposable or waste container to scoop the water out of the toilet. This will help in working with ease.
- Once taken out of the water, just get your hands to the object and grab it with your hands.
- Once grabbed the object, try to wash your hands thoroughly with the soap to avoid any germ making your body the place to inject disease.
Using a Toilet Auger
Well, for those the solution 1 is not the way, they might be happy to know about this one. Toilet Auger is one of the realist tools used to take objects out of clogged toilets. Moreover, this is the tool to take the part when plungers just fail to perform the task. So, lets’ have a look at the description of how to use the tool for the tested results.
- To form a large hook out of the auger just bent the ends with the help of plyers.
- It is suggested to have rubber gloves on to work with ease. Moreover, insert the bent auger in the bowl of the toilet. Also, just pass it to the drain of the toilet.
- Try to reach the auger deep into the drain of the toilet. If the object is deeper then there might need to reach the pipe inside the floor.
- Now, apply the adjustable tension on the cable of the auger. Besides, when it is felt the object is hooked into the hook of the auger, just pull both of them out freely.
While proceeding, if the auger is not the solution then a vacuum in your house can be the savior of the day. Before using the vacuum for the rescue, the tank top with vacuum collections needs to be removed. So, let’s have a look at the steps to follow the process.
- Turn on the vacuum. While holding the hose of the vacuum tries to push it down to the drain of the toilet.
- Moreover, take the hose as far as you hear the object moves from its place.
- As the sound of moving is heard, just place your hose pointing to the object and start sucking the water.
- Kepp sucking the water until you notice your object passes to the hose.
Try to ensure the tank top is empty before sucking the water. Also, it is suggested to flush your toilet thoroughly after removing the object from the trap.
Disassemble The Toilet
So, this solution can only work if you are a kind of DIY person. Moreover, a person going for this solution might need to risk more work and may need a helper. Before, starting do not forget to have rubber gloves. In addition to the safety purpose, place the wet towels on the floor of the toilet to help you avoid any emergency access.
Before, starting turn off the power supply of the water by turning the valves anti-clockwise. This will help to avoid the flow of water while removing the toilet. Now, let’s have look at the step-wise process.
- Once you have turned the valves start with removing the nuts and bolts from which the toilet is fixed to the ground.
- Some of them can be a piece toilet or a two-piece toilet just examine before to avoid any damage.
- After then, remove the toilet freely from the ground and place it safely on the floor.
- To find the object, look inside the drain once found you can easily grab it with your hands while having gloves on.
- After then, just place the toilet safely through the same method.
However, in some cases, the drain of the pipe carries the waste with the system connecting other toilets as well. so, if there is any type of system with the building; the little object dropped in the toilet may not cause any inconvenience as it will be gone forever.
How Do You Clean a Toilet Trap?
The cleaning process begs with the total drainage of the water tanks and thus avoids dilution of the cleaner that is applied. With the help of a sponge and gloves, the remaining water is absorbed from the container to be transferred to a bucket. The chosen chemical can then be sprayed over the entire surface of the toilet for a 5-10 minute period.
Finally, it is scrubbed well with a strong bristle brush until all the dirt and liquid deposit of the cleaner is removed. As for the product chosen for cleaning, it can be substituted for vinegar and baking soda. The bicarbonate is first added, leaving it for an hour, while the vinegar is then introduced with a spray bottle on the previous substance.
Another way to keep the siphon clean is with the help of an auger that works the same as a drain snake. Subsequently, the water is turned on again to completely drain any trace of unnecessary debris.
Vinegar actually has the ability to supplement in other ways than baking soda. Among them, it is with water and salt, powdered citric acid, and lemon (the latter is attached with bicarbonate).
What Happens if You Accidentally Flush Something Down the Toilet?
When an object is accidentally flushed down the toilet, two things can happen: the item goes down with the water drained, or it gets clogged and causes a large clog. Toilet paper is the least of the problems in a toilet, after all, it tears easily. But when it comes to something much stronger and bigger, it should be a concern.
Clogging can be remedied with a toilet plunger, auger and, if necessary, a drain snake to release the plug. It is essential to remove or let the object flow with the water so that it does not cause damage to the pipe and general discomfort when using it.
If the object is visible to the person’s eyes, you can easily pick it up. However, if the problem persists with the plug, don’t panic, simply contact a plumber to check and remove the item.
How to Remove Calcium from the Toilet Trap?
The removal of lime is made possible by various specialized chemicals (muriatic acid, for example). It is applied both in the tank and in the toilet bowl since lime can be generated both in the siphon and in the jets where the water comes out to drain.
Vinegar and bicarbonate also work perfectly against mineral deposits, it is very economical and safe. The procedure can be done completely with or without water in the toilet, there is no inconvenience. Although some recommend draining all the water for greater efficiency in removing lime.
A clogged toilet represents great inconveniences in the daily life of a home that is very unsanitary. But, from this, many prerogatives arise as to how to uncover the siphon and what materials are required? However, it is a very easy task that will not require so much effort for a good result in the toilet.
While concluding the article, these were some of the solutions that might be helpful to remove the object from the toilet trap. However, this can be an inevitable issue as mentioned before. Besides, it can be done accidentally by an adult deliberately. But, luckily, the problem can be solved by using any of the above-given guides to save money with the proper solution to it.
Related Guides For Toilet Tips: